The goal of Suburban Medical & Wellness Center externship program is to provide international medical graduate physicians a valuable opportunity to learn about the healthcare system in the United States, as well as receive clinical experience in both outpatient and inpatient facilities.
Improve your knowledge of the medical field
The externship program is designed to introduce you to electronic medical records, improve your communication skills and strengthen your overall clinical knowledge and skills.
- Applicant must be proficient in speaking English.
- Applicant must be able to provide a copy of a certified degree from medical school, a letter of purpose and the results of USMLE, TOEFL or GRE.
- Applicant must present at least one letter of recommendation from his or her medical school.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the proper documentation with regard to his or her status in the United States and a copy of their passport.
- The applicant is required to have immunizations and adequate health insurance coverage for the duration of their rotation.
Duties during the externship:
- History taking and patient assessment
- Supervised patient physical examination
- Charting and note-taking in the EMR (formal training to use the EMR will be provided)
- History presentation and discussion of assessment and plan with attending physicians
- Short presentation on interesting cases and medical advancements
- Our externship program is a comprehensive 2-month rotation. Once your rotation is complete, you will receive a certificate of completion along with a letter of recommendation (depending on your performance).
- If you meet the requirements, send your CV and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details will be provided upon acceptance of your application.