Suburban Medical & Wellness Center
Medical Clinic & Wellness Center located in Schaumburg, Algonquin, Barrington, and Hanover Park, IL
Heart failure sounds like a scary medical term, but it’s a manageable condition that simply means your heart isn’t strong enough to pump blood throughout your body. The cardiology experts at Suburban Medical & Wellness Center, with offices in Schaumburg, Algonquin, Barrington, and Hanover Park, Illinois, safely and effectively manage heart failure to reduce symptoms and improve your quality of life. Call today or schedule an appointment online.
Heart Failure Q & A
What is heart failure?
Also known as congestive heart failure (CHF), heart failure is a condition in which your heart is having a difficult time pumping blood throughout your body.
Factors that may increase your risk of heart failure include:
- Clogged arteries or high blood pressure
- Diabetes or obesity
- Congenital heart defect
- Sleep apnea
- Alcohol or tobacco use
A viral infection can also damage your heart muscles and increase your risk of heart failure.
Despite the medical terminology, your heart doesn’t fail when you have heart failure, but the muscle isn’t as strong as it needs to be. It’s a chronic condition that can last from months to years, but the team at Suburban Medical & Wellness Center develop individualized plans to help you manage the condition.
What are the symptoms of heart failure?
Symptoms of heart failure can come on suddenly or be present for a long time. Common symptoms of heart failure include:
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swollen legs, feet, or ankles
- Rapid weight gain
- Fatigue or weakness
- Poor appetite or nausea
If you’re experiencing chest pain along with these symptoms, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
How can I manage heart failure?
The skilled health care team use a number of different modalities to help you manage your heart failure, including lifestyle changes, cardiac rehabilitation, and medication.
- Lifestyle changes: As a wellness center, the health care team spends a lot of time working with you to develop a healthier lifestyle to improve your heart health and ease its workload. This includes following a low salt diet, monitoring and controlling weight, limiting fluid intake, and participating in a cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Cardiac rehabilitation: The onsite rehab clinic at Suburban Medical & Wellness Center develop individualized exercise programs for you to improve your heart health and strength and overall body function.
- Medication: You may also need medications to manage symptoms and assist your heart with pumping blood. These may include diuretics, beta blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, and digoxin.
For medical management of your heart failure at a full-service wellness center, call Suburban Medical & Wellness Center or schedule an appointment online.
Lower Back Painmore info
Chiropractic Caremore info
Physical Therapymore info
Heart Failuremore info
Glutathione Injectionsmore info
Internal Medicinemore info
Family Medicinemore info
Weight Lossmore info
Immigration Examinationmore info
Laser Hair Removalmore info
Body Contouringmore info